Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Desktop wonders and Halloween Sugar

So, most of the results are in and for the most part, I am quite happy with what I have seen. It is amazing how well one may do in classes when one actually does the work and prepares for tests. I never had marks like these in high school; then again, I wasn’t overly interested in much during my high school days.

So, Samhain is almost upon us and I plan to spend the evening with friends, eating grotesque amounts of sugar and watching cheesy b rated horror movies from my youth. I could think of nothing better. I want to take this time to wish all my Pagan friends a happy Samhain and for the rest, sugar induced hallucinations. I know Halloween is not really a holiday or even in NZ, but for those Kiwis that do partake in a night of hallowing at the moon; I just wish you all a safe and marvelous evening.

My studies have kept me quit occupied for the last few weeks and I was happy to finally catch up on my sleep and reading. It is a pity to look at the world’s economy and exchange rates. I am happy that I opened that Kiwi Bank account when I did because the value of the Canadian Dollar has bottomed out as of late and my dollar no longer buys the substantial kiwi notes that it once did. Perhaps I did pick a fine time to go back to school. This way I can ride out the economic bust and hope for greener pastures in the years ahead. I have been finally reading my Move to NZ newsletters about the new changes in NZ immigration and I have finally finished reading my NZ travel guides that I have been kicking around for so long. A fresh crop of NZ desktop wallpaper has been downloaded and I enjoy the bright lights of Auckland and the majestic folds of Mount Cook.
Cheers.

0 comments: