Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Plan is a New Plan

Okay, so a slight hic-up in my plans. The series of events went a little like this. I was on cloud nine, I had very thing figured out. I was in a good paying job and I had a plan. Everything was going well until I got into a little problem at work. I don’t want to bore my readers with the details but let’s just say I got in trouble for something I didn’t do. So I was punished for something I didn’t do and it didn’t matter how much proof I had that it wasn’t me. I was reprimanded and had a black X on my file. To make it short and sweet, I have endured an anchor that chained me to my current tasking without any hope of promotion and promotion was what I wanted.

So it is east to say that I was a little disheartened about this situation and took a few personal days to figure out what I wanted to do. In these two personal days, I broke down. I broke down hard and fast. After the fog cleared 48 hours later, I came to the conclusion that I didn’t like who I was, or what I was doing. I thought about finding another job but there was just one problem, the crappy jobs that I hate just follow me. I realized that I hated the career path that I took and that my college education was useless to me. The cloud had lifted and a light bulb went off in my head. I needed to change my career. I mean totally change my career. For the next week I researched and talked to friends/family and I realized that I should have taken my mother’s advice and gone into the medical field. My best friend reinforced this conclusion since he is a Paramedic. So, inside of a week, I was applying to colleges all over Ontario. This was early July and I was a little late with everything. I was accepted about two weeks later and I had less than two months to save for this life changing decision.

So, I told my employer I was leaving for a new career path and they just gave me the same load of crap that they had high hopes for me and blah blah blah. Too bad they didn’t give me this pep talk after they screwed me in the first place. So, school, career, no New Zealand.
Everyone who reads this blog knows about the plan. The plan is on hold. All assets that I had accumulated for the plan has been diverted into the new plan. The new plan takes five years. NZ is on hold for five years. Yes, I am going back to school at the age of 28. I will be taking a five year course. I will be making ridicules money once I graduate and the best part is, my career is listed on NZ’s long term skills shortage list. So yes, work permit and PR. Ohh yeah.
This is a small sacrifice to make for the greater good, but I am willing to make it happen. So my Kiwi friends, I am sorry but you will have to wait for a little bit longer. It will happen, just not now.

0 comments: